07-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
One would think that they would perform service/inspections by a checklist and go over everything...this has not been the case w/ my experience with a couple BMW dealers.

Everytime i go, i always clearly state what i want done, and put it in writing on thier service form. Sometimes i've gone at lenghts to describe the procedure i want done. That way there is less room for errors or misunderstandings. I've had success by doing that, but it is not fail safe.

So i've had good experiences with BMW of FFX. I guess the only thing i would say is that my A/C blower was on the verge of going out since it was making a chirping sound. Basically the part needed to be replaced. So I was trying to do preventative maintenace, i wanted them to fix it. My car is under the CPO warranty now, and b/c the part hadn't technically "failed" yet, it wouldn't be covered under CPO and i had to pay for it. So basically, the part was failing, and i would have to wait until it failed before they would consider covering it under CPO. So by that logic i would have to put up with the annoying/loud a/c chirping and wait until the a/c unit failed and have no a/c in his hot and humid summer. I don't blame my S/A for that though. She's been great. She is bound by the BMW NA policies.

Oh well....
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0