View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

Where I work, shortly after getting my N54 we took in two M3's within a month. So of course I was in the same mind set. Driving them back to back there are differences that I agree. My car had by then the Jb4 and nothing more. The M3 is a high reving machine and that motor takes a true gear head to appreciate its symphony at idle. Oh its so sexy I might have a crisis just writing about it. The performance difference is there on the highway, the v8 can pull till the world ends, where the N54 will run out of air. Again JB4 N54 vs V8. The city driving is what kept me in my car. The down low torque without having to get all rev happy from every light is what I crave, perhaps a v8 supercharged would fit me nicely but I do not have that kind of income.

I agree, test drive it in where you will spend most of your time. If its your daily driver this is where the real test will show which you like more. Dont get me wrong there is no comparision of these cars regardless of what you read, the M3 is built to perfection of performance, but in my daily commute I can utilize what I would spend.
Appreciate 0