Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank35 View Post
+1 !! no image?
Sorry guys, here's a few resized pictures. I didn't have much time so I took a few shots. Please note that these are test samples and they are not production quality which means the welds/finishing isn't going to be as pretty.

We're incorporating a cast inlet which provides the smoothest transition from pipe to flange available on the market. I know CPE sells a cast inlet DP but we're the only one that maintains a smooth 3" diameter and our pipes retain the 3" diameter until a couple inches from the mid pipe connection.

We also revised the rear transition to be a bit smoother & used a different mandrel bending process to ensure the same diameter throughout the bend. Most importantly, revised the short and large pipes routing to clear both the sub frame, oil pan and transmission mount bolt by at least 10mm. This essentially allows a novice installer to bolt these up without having to make adjustments in order to get perfect fitment every time.

The relative flange angles have also been changed to ensure a perfect seal without having to "flex" the pipe/flange into position like we see on a few other popular options on the market. Without a gasket and with hand tightened bolts, the mid pipe connection seals & lines up perfectly.

I have all the popular DP's sitting at the shop right now and I can honestly say these are the easiest to install & we've incorporated the best qualities of each one. There's also few things we've done that make the the v-bands a breeze to get on and off and make installation less painful, especially with the rear turbo.

Now by my count, we've sold close to 580 sets of our original downpipes to date and even though previous version was a fantastic option, it's going to be difficult to beat this one.

Also, here's a picture of our new matte finish. It's completely different from what everyone else is doing but I'm in love with it. It really has a nicer shimmer in direct sunlight.

Appreciate 0