Mrsammyp
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW 320i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob318 View Post
Has anybody used BMW insurance?

For years Elephant/admiral etc have been at least half the price of anyone else, but this year my comparison search showed that the renewal was a bit more in line with a lot of others.

I got a ridiculously cheap quote from E sure, but have read / heard a few horrors about them.

I have been insured with Elephant for I think 6 years now, made two claims on a previous car. Long story short, their approved garage made a total mess of the first repair and it had to be sorted properly at my own choice of garage, BUT to the credit of elephant they sorted everything out really well. Second claim there was no question about it going to my preferred garage for repair. On that basis I've renewed each year, but haggled the price based on comparison sites.

BMW insurance coming in a bit more expensive than others, but is the extra money worth it for piece of mind that it will actually be repaired properly?

Or is this all a scam too?
BMW Insurance is basically underwritten by Allianz and so it would still be subject to the insurer's approved repairer (be that non-bmw or not etc).

BMW are just acting as an introducer to make some more £££
Appreciate 0