View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #1184
devilsadvocate
Rep
Drives: 318D

I thought I would sign up to post this...

I bought a 3 Series from them a month ago.

I asked for the front and back bumpers to be sorted as they were fairly marked. It was raining on collection day and on a check, it all looked ok. I recently cleaned the car properly and found their fix technique was to machine polish the life out of them, so much it took off the clear coat of paint!! They also seem to have done the same on the roof so I will have to get them sprayed at my expense.

The dreaded N47 timing chain noise has just started, it may have been there before but I didn't notice it so that's another bill.

I only recently found these reviews, I wish I has seen them before.

The company seem to do the following with all/most of their cars:

1. Buy above average mileage ex fleet cars which have been serviced by dealers but abused by their previous drivers (they are company cars and not theirs).
2. Bodge over known issues so they are not noticeable to potential buyers.
3. MOT them onsite.....yeah because they will be a proper MOT, they are hardly going to fail a car which has just been sold!!
4. Pressure people to pay a non refundable deposit on the promise they will get everything sorted out with the car and when that turns out to be BS, the customer either loses their deposit or buys the car with the problems and another false promise they will sort it out.
5. Sell all cars with a '3 month warranty' which cost them about a tenner from an external warranty company, which only helps if A) Something mechanical actually breaks B) You pay the firs £100 of any 'claim' and C) The total cost is less than £1000. Surely if you have to pay an excess, that's not a warranty?!?!?!

In the 4 weeks of owning mine, I had a blocked fuel filter which meant a fuel host came off and a new filter had to be fitted at a cost of £150 total. The warranty is useless as you have to pay £100 up front anyway! Now I have the timing chain noise which means another £1000 bill. I called them and they said 'Its just a noise, we can't do anything until it actually fails'. Even if it does fail, its new engine time and that's more than the £1k the warranty will pay out!!!!

Bunch of cowboys doesn't even cover it.......
Appreciate 0