Rep
Drives: '06 E90 - '04 E85 - '16 F15d

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.5i Roadster  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drude View Post
I just got the iPod adapter fitted to my non-iDrive e90 and I have to say I'm a little disappointed too. Leaving aside the fact that installation killed my bluetooth (back to the dealer again tomorrow - 6th time in 6 months of ownership) I'm not impressed with the way it handles playlists.

Unless I am being lame there is no way to browse the playlists by name and select one. Instead I get a directory that effectively is one playlist containing all the tracks on all the playlists. I've been using a 4gig iPod so far but it would be a nightmare to browse my 60gig

I listen to a lot of audiobooks so I like the idea of an incoming phone call pausing the iPod. However, since bluetooth no longer works I can't confirm how this feature is. It is nice to change tracks with the steering wheel though, but so far I don't think it was worth the money.
I doubt the iPod adapter killed your BT. More likely the setting got reset during the coding procedure or they updated progman after your install (it did on mine). Have you tried going through all the steps to detect your phone again?

As for the playlist problem - you can see all tracks in any playlist. I'm not sure if you have IDrive but for the non IDrive it's easy to list the files. They will normally display in the order you set them up on your iPod. For instance I usually sort the iPod file by Artist. When I display them in the car they show up in alphabetical order of the track name within each artist. To display your tracks in the playlist/folders hit the soft key for LIST to display tracks. Tracks will display and you can scroll through the list. To select a dfferent folder hit the soft key Up arrow to display folders/playlists and use the right radio knob to scroll and push to select.