04-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #1
spanna2000
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 330D M Auto Individual

Garage List
Bluetooth and Phone Choice

Apologies if this is too common a question but while I can get partial answers I can't find a definitive answer anywhere else. This is a question about phones and bluetooth compatibility. If you can't help or not interested you don't need to read the rest of this stuff.

BT phone prep is compatible with selected handsets. This I understand but I also know that more handsets will work than just the published list.

I am not worried about the cradle compatibility because I think it will be too fiddly inserting and removing from the cradle each time. I'd rather leave my phone in my pocket.

I am worried about the basic phone features and also the address book features. I've checked the BMW web site and the phones listed are the phones tested - in practice some fairly old models.

I have narrowed my phone choice to either Nokia N70/N90 or Imate JasJar/SP5

I prefer Nokia because of ease of use but its not listed on the web site and I haven't been able to get one to test. Is anyone using a Nokia N series and getting phone and addressbook?

I know the SP5 works because I have tested it but the JasJar - which is a newer phone did not seem to want to do addressbook. I can't see the logic in that because its the same OS and a better featured phone - Has anyone got a JasJar working?

If no JasJar and no N series then I'm going to order the SP5 but I think I will regret the lack of 3g service. If I have windoze on my phone I might as well have 3g so I can do something useful with it.

So in summary, any N series or Jasjar users got BT working and if so at what level.

Thanks in advance
S.
Appreciate 0