View Single Post
      02-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #7
Tony@vargasturbotech
Banned
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowheelie92 View Post
im also curious to how the pcv valve helps? Also the mechanic said" right by the rear turbo inlet there was a ton of oil dripping." i asked and called up the dealership service manager, and he said theres a o ring in the inlet that could cause the oil leaks. service manager also stated is common to leak oil in that area. i asked my mechanic about this and he said there should be no oil near the turbos and there going to blow soon only a matter of time.
It sounds like both parties are ignorant of turbocharger operation, there is no O-ring in the let that will keep oil in. Also seeing some small amounts of oil in the inlet tract, or the charge piping can be normal depending on the current state of your motor, how much crankcase pressure it sees, the PCV system health. There are many factors that can cause oil in both the intets and charge pipe tracts. Also turbos do not use a positive seal, they use piston rings, which are inherently going to leak small amounts of oil past them, the compressor is creating a very heavy suction on the inlet side of the turbo, this can and does such small amount of oil past the compressor side piston ring, and gets distributed in the inlet, and charge pipe tracts. While you can see some, you should not see tons, BUT if this is the only rear turbo, and the PCV is stock, this could indicate a PCV issue.
Appreciate 0