09-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentOSU90 View Post
Hello all,

Very new to the forum and excited to be a part of it. I have a 2008 black sapphire e92 335i with very low miles. Currently I have the 189 wheels on the car. A few days ago I started my car and on the navigation screen it a message popped up telling me my left rear air pressure was low. I took it to Les Schwab and they filled it up and it was fine. The next morning, same issue..I had them take the tire off so they could see what the problem was. The found out that the rim is bent a little and there is a crack that came from it.

I have been thinking about purchasing a different set of wheels anyway..but am not sure what would be the best decision. Replace the rear wheels or take this opportunity to purchase a new set. The tires are brand new so I could switch them over to a different set as well.

All suggestions and input would be appreciated.
I would recommend thinking about what you want out of your car and how you plan to use it before you decide. If you plan to track the car,...well that is easy, ... you need new wheels. If its just for the look of the car get a new set as well assuming its in budget or your significant other would buy this as a good reason to upgrade. If you plan to have a winter set of tires get another 189 and a new set. If you do not plan to have winter tires then just get a new set and use one of these as a spare in case you ever need one. If you just need to spend as little as posible then go to your local tire/wheel shop and they may have a used 189 that you could buy from them from a BMW that someone changed their wheels. I almost sold my stock wheels this way when I bought a new set. In the end I just kept them.

Bottom line is that a new set will probably make you happier and if you have been thinking about it then you probably have part of not all of the funds needed to buy a new set. Replacing just one is pointless in my opinion except when you need a set for track use or as a spare.
Appreciate 0