03-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@topgearsolutions View Post
Excellent point, however, you have to realize 2 things, we dont all pay the same thing for an item, so one vendors lowest price might literally be the lowest he can do with minimal profit. You also need to keep in mind that between all the vendors we have different goals in profit margins. Some vendors like to push quantity over profit margin, while others are focused with profit margin and moving less quantity.

So combine the price we pay and how much we want to make and you will definitely see a disparity. A consumer should realize that this is not a personal attack if a vendor gives a higher price, it may be the best he can do or he may be looking to make a few extra dollars, after all as vendors, we plan on getting MAP, so any discount given should be realized out of good faith and goodwill.

We do sell items off our websites for full retail and full map too so we try to do you guys a favor by reducing the price a little if we can.

All of these problems stemmed from the ability to negotiate, if nobody had the opportunity to negotiate then everyone would simple by from the vendor they liked.

I shop online just like anyone else, and I dont do the PM game either. I buy from reputable vendors I like and I pay full price out of respect to business' trying to earn a living.

I think the consumer fails to realize any discount is a favor, we should be charging full price all the time. (no offense).
Well said Jeff...

It a complicated issue but there needs to be a balance between vendors making a living and paying their bills and consumers getting a good deal. I think a lot of vendors on here strive to make that balance and do a good job but there will always be exceptions to that rule.

Mike
Appreciate 0