10-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Ackrite
The Wizard
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 335i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by u080570 View Post
Put the UPD01005 file on the USB drive - don't extract the contents - don't put the UPD file in a folder/directory on the USB drive

Plug the USB drive in to the USB port in the armrest/console. Go to the update section in iDrive and perform the update
I appreciate your response, and not to seem ignorant, but I'm going to press you for further detail, if you don't mind. When you say the UPD01005 file, to me that's the entire folder on my desktop (the result of downloading the update from BMW) that includes the aforementioned .xml file and .bin files (1 and 4 of each, respectively). I've already tried placing this entire folder on the USB drive and initiating the "update software" option via iDrive with the USB drive in the center console. All that I receive is an instant "No USB with Software detected in Music Input...yada yada yada" message.

Rather, am I suppose to take the actual "SWUP_00000B98_003_005_005.bin" file (as I'm currently on Media version 3.5.4) and place that on the USB drive alone?

I'm sorry to ask what may sound like such mundane questions, but I feel that I've tried loading my USB with so many different combination of these files only to keep getting the above message that no files are being seen.

Thanks so much!
'00 e46 323i *retired*
'84 e23 733i *retired*
Appreciate 0