View Single Post
      03-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #479
bmtele
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster4075 View Post
Well, I spent half the day today trying to get idrive programmed. No good news. The tech (who spent a lot of time and who I believe honestly wants this to work) was unable to get program manager (progman) to talk to the CCC. Based on the VIN on my car, progman was looking for M-Ask, not CCC. The "retrofit" program (business to professional), as much as I had hoped, did not work in this case. He attempted connecting several times, and did some other out-of-the-way procedure whose name escapes me, to no avail. Without the "gateway" (CCC, or in my case, the RAD2 radio) responding to progman, the system stops and won't program anything. It was still a little unclear if my CCC (of UK origin) was at fault, but I think we believe it has more to due with the car not being built with the module than the module itself. I have a couple of printouts that show the sheer complexity of the systems, the engineering, and fault diagnosis. Amazingly, there is a fault stored for the CCC fan not working (which I hadn't even hooked up for this programming since the CCC wasn't installed in the dash.)

His next suggestion was to have a new "vehicle order" created by BMW engineers to reflect the change of equipment in the car. Evidently, this is done commonly for other retrofits, when tech's have problems, or systems go haywire, however, it is out of the norm for a technician to accomplish and cannot be done solely at the dealership level.

Game's not over for the retrofit, but this is not a simple programming "update" or retrofit as most had hoped or thought. I will be talking to a few other people (in the know) regarding this and keep everyone updated on the progress.

Frustrating though, since this thing works like 75%. (Things not working: all audio, all telephony/bluetooth/SOS-assist, traffic info.)
Everything else works perfectly...steering wheel controls, satnav, vent controls, controller, CID, trip computer, date/time, etc...

Let me if anyone has programming suggestions or other ideas....

I encountered different problems:

my car is 2009 model 330d sedan, without idrive, I got all idrive parts from a 2006 model 325i coupe, I've done all hardware installation: get dash replaced, get the radio professional replaced with the CCC and also installed the idrive nob. and also a third part GPS antenna, so far:

things working: radio, CD player, steering wheel controls; vent controls, controller, CID, date/time;
things not working: satnav; usb audio input; aux input; all telephony/bluetooth...

I believe a reprogramming job needs to be done to make satnav and aux input to work, but don't know how to do it yet...
Appreciate 0