View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #38
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

As I said I’m hoping that the oil consumption issue has been addressed although when I started the car this morning and I swear the puff of smoke is back to a bluish grey.

I'll know for sure over the next week or so. If it drops again then I’m taking it back to Woods for them to investigate the head and do a compression test.

If the oil consumption persist then at least in know it’s not the PCV and we've already identified that the symptoms don't coincide with turbo seals. I also had the intercooler and pipes inspected and no sign off excessive oil in there which further confirms it’s not the turbo's.

If it keeps drinking oil it can only be valve seals or something head related. As you said earlier Creepy, a puff of smoke on start up definitely points to something leaking down over night and being burnt off on ignition.

As for the HPFP theory, I’ll keep an eye on the codes. I'm pretty sure that its gradually failing though as the performance can be patchy sometimes, good and bad days with no real explanation and at 80k and a stage 2 tune its probably likely it's not 100%.

H
Appreciate 0