View Single Post
      07-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #40
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

Update...

Still getting a black / blue puff of smoke on start up which only happens after the car has been stood for a few hours or more.

I had a complete new crank case cover and PCV replaced a month ago and had all of my injectors and plugs inspected at the w’end at woods of which we’re are 100%. Since the New PCV the oil consumption has improved but I’m still getting smoke on start up which is frustrating.

Given the plugs, injectors and PCV have all been ruled out I can only be that the valve stem seals are out of spec and allowing oil to seep down overnight. The problem is that I had a full head re-build around 10 months ago with Woods and the valve seals we’re replaced at the time meaning they we’re either fitted incorrectly or a seal is faulty.

TBH I’m in a bit of a predicament as I’ve got a great relationship with Woods and they’ve always gone beyond the call of duty to look after me so I’m really not sure how to approach this with them as its potentially a big job to put right.

I basically need to decide if I’m going to live with it or if I need to address it, does anyone know if there are any long term implications of leaking seals? Will this cause me further problems down the road if left?
Appreciate 0