Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 E90 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90xi View Post
Where did you get this intake set-up from, and what was the cost? Did you notice and sound or performance gains?
There's a GB for this. Check this out: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=102.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Great DIY!!!
Does it sound better
Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to evaluate the intake as I had to bring it to the shop first thing in the morning for the exhaust install.

Sound-wise, there's very little improvement or probably I didn't drive it long enough to notice it. Though I feel like the car was running better. In theory it should have an impact - the more cold air the engine gets, the better and more efficient it runs; an efficient engine does less work and shall gain better fuel consumption.

Btw, this is rated by BMW to have a performance gain of 3hp at 6K rpm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeokimster View Post
I have never in my life seen such a user friendly DIY guide. AWESOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc3r View Post
Excellent write up! I vote for Allan to rewrite all DIYs in this section THANKS!
Hahaha. Thanks guys!
: Exterior: Blacklines, debadged, HO ceramic 35% tint, Hoen yellow fogs, matte black grille, OEM style splitters, Halogen-to-Xenon Interior: Alum pedals, CF wrapped trim, V1 and Nuvi hardwire, M-Tech tri-stitched wheel, SMG M5 shift knob Performance: AluFelgen CSL 19" 8.5 ET33/9.5 ET30 with 5mm rear spacers | GY Eagle F1 Asym 235/265, KW V3, BMW Perf exhaust+intake
Appreciate 0