fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
where did you order your cable?
I got mine in 2011 from someone on ebay with software for about $40. I would suggest you to just google "bmw coding cable" and see what prices you find (should be under $20 now a days).

I found the following by doing the quick search (I'm not suggesting you buy this one... just showing an example): http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1717147...lpid=82&chn=ps

If your doing something on ebay, always ask the following of the vendor thru the ebay system:
1) Does your product work with my car (insert your make/model/year/trim here)
2) Does your product come with the software for my car (INPA/TOOL32/Drivers/etc)
3) If the cable does not work with my car or the software does not work with my car, what is your return policy (Time frame to notify you of a problem, replacement item, refund, shipping for returned items covered)?
4) How long is the shipping time, will you provide tracking details? What if I don't receive my product in the mail for 14 days or 30 days?

Once you have them reply to these questions and you are okay with the terms... go ahead and bid on the item. Even if you find a local online retailer selling it for about $20 or under... always ask those questions and keep it in your email as proof. Use Paypal to make the sale so you are covered (NEVER SEND AS GIFT, you will have no recourse if it is a garbage product.... pay the stupid 2% fee for the transaction because it's cheap insurance).

If you are having problems getting the software working, you can probably find someone on these forums who will help you OR for a fee will set you up (usually includes the remote coding of your car too so they can test it out and you benefit from getting the car done too). Go with someone who seems to have a good rep and lots of positive feedback with coding on the forums if you plan to have someone do remote coding. Last thing you want is for someone to learn on your car :P
Appreciate 0