View Single Post
      01-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #29
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
That's a good question. The initial thought that comes to mind is no, a DIY install would not be covered, because if something went wrong, they could say it was not done by a BMW/Dinan trained technician and that is why something broke/went wrong. That is just speculation though. As far as the difficulty of the install, it is fairly difficult from what I understand. I know at the dealer they had 2 guys doing the install, and it took a full day and a bit of the next morning. But if you're damn good at working around a car then maybe it's not that bad?

Well, I wouldn't say "Damn good" but I think I do ok for a guy who does not do it for a career and only has an average tool set. It would be hard to find a bolt/screw on my M3 (motor included) that I have not turned myself at some point in 10+ years of ownership, so I just fail to see why the oil cooler is so tough. Maybe it’s just in an awkward spot where you have to remove a bunch of other stuff just to get to the correct bolts, etc.

I was thinking along the same lines though that warranty issues would be an uphill battle. I guess it just one of those things where if you want the warm fuzzies from having the warranty coverage, you gotta pay.
Appreciate 0