View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #22
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC View Post
Regardless of what triggers the event, the DME is always the reactor. So you can have the DME tell itself to react, or you can have an external device tell the DME to react.

So what is more efficient? When you speak to the media through a translator, or when you speak directly?
Thomas no need to be so defensive. I hope you know there are a few individuals who've had their engines blow running methanol and high boost with hopes of having the DME react fast enough.

I consider people in this community my friends and therefore I would never recommend relying on the DME when there are perfectly good options out there to aid them.

Actions speak louder then words. IF you are that confident in your approach then have one of your cars go out on the track and purposely cut out methanol completely mid pull in the top of 4th gear, then we will see how your theory holds up. In the meantime it is all hearsay. You would think someone in your industry would have a more conservative approach.

High boost 4th gear, full load at 18 PSI, how many degree of ignition does your tune run at 4500 RPM? Without methanol it would likely need -2 to 0 degrees ignition in the mid-range. Last I remember the DME can only respond to -3 degrees per stroke.

Last I remember most methanol cars run 10 degrees in the mid-range and can ramp up to upwards of 14 by redline. So if your at 10 degrees and need to get down to 0 degrees ignition for no meth flow, that is atleast 3 strokes of extreme knock in a high load gear, I dont think anyone here finds that appetizing.
Appreciate 0