03-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #55
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

GTA Wrapz window tint review

General Points:
- Job took 2 hours as quoted, but work started 30 min late
- He told me in an email inquery that they used Llumar tint, but the actual brand used was SLP Solar Film; he said they ran out of Llumar film, but still offered the lifetime warranty on it so I agreed
- Caught some attitude lol... huge negative for me personally
- They had one guy to do their window tinting. Films are manually (not digitally) cut to fitment
- Tint isn't perfect - details and pics below
- Overall it was average - not stellar.

Did a quick search when I got there and found that they were using another brand than quoted. The SLP brand faired okay on interweb reviews and they still offered the lifetime warranty for peeling, bubbling, and corrections so I went with it.

Since nobody (that I could find) had ever had their windows tinted there, I wanted to watch the guy work for reviewing purposes but said I made him nervous, was afraid he'd somehow whip around and cut me with his knife, and tried to insist that I leave lol..

The job took 2 hours from start to finish as quoted, and in the garage it looked pretty good. No major problems and didn't damage/scratch anything doing the job a part from a few minor interior dirt stains which a MF cloth took out easily afterwards.

When I brought it home though I noticed the rear tint had bubbled up at the edges where the dot matrix is. I know these areas are a pita to tint and I kind of expected that to happen but it's a negative.

I also noticed a small bubble on the front side window near the edge. It was very minor and I managed to mostly press it out with a credit card but it's still there and noticeable (to me). Pics below.

It might be the cold weather, I'll probably take it back to be corrected when it gets warmer. But that's a pita.

I'll see how it holds up in the following few months. Overall, I wouldn't really recommend anyone looking for a tint to go to these guys, unless you're really tightening the purse strings (they only charge $160) and aren't an OCD perfectionist. The lifetime warranty is great and reassuring for imperfections but it's still a bit of a pain to have to go back later.

Overall, 7/10.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0