View Single Post
      08-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

Canon T4i vs. Nikon D3200 vs. Sony A65

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the photography side of the forum. Here's a little about me...I'm coming from a point-and-shoot Canon Powershot S95. I love photography and been taking pictures for years. Last summer I toured 7 European cities, in which I had the point-and-shoot camera with me and I regretted not spending the extra money to get a DSLR camera. Well next summer I'm doing the same thing and I'm definitely not going to miss my opportunity again; but for that, I'm going to need your help guys. I'm looking for a good camera that I will be able to use for the the next 3+ years and hopefully not have to upgrade. I'm using the camera for pictures of landscapes, family, friends, etc.

I'm new to DSLRs and i've had my eye on the Canon T4i, which was released this summer. I love the camera and it feels great in my hands. The touch screen interface is also useful, as it can really help with changing settings on-the-go. The higher ISO range is also a plus. The Nikon D3200 and the Sony A65 both have 24 megapixels. I can see the difference between the photos of the 2 cameras and the 18 megapixel Canon T4i. I'm not thinking about doing video recording at any point in the future, but it could be a possibility.

I've used the cameras in the store, watched youtube video reviews, talked to sales people read reviews from bestbuy.com, cannon.com, nikon.com and sony.com. But I need help finding one that justifies my needs. My price range is up to $1000, I can slightly go over if I need to. Sorry if I'm being a little impossible here.

Any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0