View Single Post
      11-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #93
gjimmy
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozee View Post
you have a MULF2 high from the pic. can't tell the version as the exact model is on the side of the module. but since you mentioned you have voice control, it probably is a MULF2-High SVS

your wiring is kinda weird. the MULF is supposed to control the voice control but the mic is not wired to there. reading through the BMW WDS information, for cars that has a CCC, the mic may be connected to the CCC instead of MULF. you may want to remove your radio and see if the mic wiring goes to there.

quoted from BMW WDS http://wds.spaghetticoder.org/en/zin...-651250002.htm
Components connected to the Car Communication Computer (CCC)

Fan
MOST framework
Loudspeakers (not with Top HiFi system)
Central Information Display (CID)
Radio aerial
GPS aerials
Microphone
Video input

now the question is whether you will need another mic installed. if the existing mic is indeed wired to the CCC, then if you run a new mic wiring and connect to this mic, would your voice control still work? or if you install a new mic which is wired to the MULF, will it affect the existing voice control?

if you do not mind throwing in the $30 to $50 for the new mic and wiring, you could test it out and see how it goes. guess it's more about trial and error from now onwards.

update : your mic should be connected to the CCC. look at this thread and download the first attached PDF file. it shows how the mic is wired to the CCC. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488443. the post also shows the guy having 2 mics (one original and one from the CCC retrofit). so I guess you will need to run the new mic wiring and get another mic for the BT phone to work.
Thanks for the info. I would prefer to use the existing mic even if it compromises the use of Voice Control, as I have found it to be useless and never use it anyway. It is more trouble to say commands than to just press a button in my experience.

I am hoping I can just run the wires from the MULF to the existing mic and be done with it. Luckily I have an electrical engineer on my side in Alex.

It seems I have one of the more strange setups and if I can get the bluetooth to work I will feel like I won! I can't let the car win.
Appreciate 0