View Single Post
      08-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #6
deandob
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E39

Hi,

I just put down a deposit on a new M3 as well yesterday. ETA february as well although possibly sooner as I want a manual.

I drive a E39 M5 and want a smaller more nimble performance car. I have been tossing up between a loaded 335 (inc. a procede, individual leather, paint, aftermarket mags) and a M3. I thought the "value" gap between a 335 and M3 was not there so was leaning to a 335, but as the Aus spec has recently been annouced, so working with my dealer Motorline in Brisbane the M3 has pretty much everything I would want except the top of the line stereo and 19" mags. The 19" mags are expensive but they are low weight forged mags and look much nicer than the standard 18" set, and don't have the run flats, so would actually work out cheaper than having to buy new mags + tyres on a 335. Another decision is sunroof or carbon fibre roof (both no cost options), and I'm leaning towards the sunroof even though it will slightly affect handling.

I had a listen to the 'high end audio' and the logic 7 setup that the M3 uses, and the high end version is a little better but with a running car you probably won't be able to tell the difference (esp. over the shriek of the M3 v8 ).

Having driven a few cars the 335 is probably the best value performance car available in the market in its segment. I love the torque of a turbo motor and the 335 setup is the best I have driven - the Procede would make it even better again. However the M3 would be a more balanced car especially in the handling department (335 runflats dont help and has an understeer bias).

I have the pre-release M3 brochure (only a couple in the country) and I'll scan in some pictures later so you can see why the 19" mags are a must have option!

Anyone looking for an "as new" E39 M5, 61K on the clock + exclusive leather? I'll have one for sale

Regards,
Dean
Appreciate 0