10-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #200
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 17 OG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
CPO is 6 years or 100k from in service date. It does not cover maintenance and that plan is generally another $2000...not exactly a steal as it is dependant on your service monitors.

Then again, I just got a quote from a premium independant thinking they would be signifcantly cheaper and I was shocked:

Plugs...$135+150 for labor = $285
Front pads, rotors, sensors...$342, $134, and $25 respectively plus $216 for labor = $717
Rear pads, rotors, sensors...$255, $108, and $27 respectively plus $216 for labor = $390

Then they add in another $25 in fees for waste and shop fees? Im starting to think the stealer isnt that far off?

I would also read your CPO contract carefully. I just read the BMW Gold contract and it clearly defines the dealership as the place where your maintenance and repairs should be done and if anything is done elsewhere that causes a problem it is not their responsibility to repair. That's very broad language and Im sure you can argue DIYer or reputable independant maintenance but it will be up to you to keep good records.
Man that is expensive. Changing your own pads/rotors is simple...any 15 yr old with some wrenches could do it. Not to mention the mark up on the parts.
Appreciate 0