12-22-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
JTMR360
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 335d M Sport

Cool Awesome 335d M Sport MPG

Hi guys,

For once I your not hearing about crap mpg on a 335d!

I picked up mine yesterday, a Le Mans blue 2008 57 E90 335d M Sport with 60k and a FBMWSH with Dakota leather, iDrive, Xenons etc.

My journey back home was 200.9 miles and I used 20.10 L of Texaco (not my prefered Shell) so the car was saying 47mpg but it works out at 45. something and I have to say I'm over the moon given I was sitting at 75 with cruise control on and I was still giving it the occasional tickle here and there.

The tyres that were on it are total shite so my Motorsport wheels have gone on today with the 700 mile old Goodyear Aysymetric 2 tyres on which were on my 330d when it did its Titanic impression. 6 months ago.

Now, I think because I did have Avon ZZR's and some even crappier tyres on the front which because they are so soft must have a high rolling resistance compared to the Goodyears so I can only expect the mpg to go up.

The car is getting remapped today so as the mpg went up on my 330d at cruising speeds I can only hope the same happens here.

The point of my message, yes to brag about the awesome mpg but also to say these cars are superb and people should not worry about their reputation with bad mpg.

On my trip I did employ just about every ounce of Roadcraft there is which helps considerably but this just goes to show what a superb machine the 335d is!

Lastly, are their any additives that can be safely used to clean the injectors and engine when I next change the oil to further increase my mpg?

Last edited by JTMR360; 12-22-2012 at 04:27 AM.. Reason: Additives
Appreciate 0