04-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #69
Trevendous03
photographer // designer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I'm going to answer my own question, as nobody else did!

I fitted oem pre lci xenons to my pre lci halogen e90 today. Coding to xenon breaks the operation of the manual level control so i didn't change the vo, so all i did was code out the two low beam checks:-

NFRM module
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_AL to nicht_aktiv (low beam cold)
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL to nicht_aktiv (low beam warm)

And of corse i did the 2 wiring mods, and it all works perfectly, except i won't get a warning if a xenon bulbs fails, but i would rather that than not have level control.

But still if anyone knows how to have level control and low beam bulb checks please let me know!
You should have coded the VO $522 for xenon. You wouldn't have lost the leveling feature. I just had to disable the leveling feature because my headlights are aftermarket. Either way, as long as just the bulb check deactivation is working, that's totally fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Follow my post above and they'll work fine. If you're putting Depo's in with "no error" ballasts then you don't need to code anything.
This is false. I have the Canbus error-free ballasts, and I still used to get a lot of errors. Granted, I drive a 2006. But the only way to properly get rid of errors is to code, either switching the VO or deactivating bulb checks or both. The ballasts alone won't do the trick, and in my case, they didn't help whatsoever.

November 2011 to April 2013 with NO ERRORS. Coding works, everyone!
Appreciate 0