02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts335coupe View Post
Picking up my 335is coupe in the next day or two. I am wondering what is the break in period before it is safe to tune. I plan to get the jb4 and the DCI. I am sure everyone has a different opinion, should I wait the normal 1200 miles? Longer then that or even do it right away?

Thanks
Wait 1300 miles before moding / tuning

Progressive Break In: First 800 Miles, with SPORT ON, work in 1st and 2nd gears. Do not exceed 6500 RPMs. 3rd - 4th do not exceed more than 5k RPMs. Run your car's 1st and 2nd gears like this once daily if you can. This helps with the DCT adaptation for clutches 1 and 2

Yes I know what the manual says. This is to get the car prepped for modding and the DCT adapted so it doesnt fall on its face when you start adding more power

When you hit 800+ miles, with SPORT ON, run gears 1st-4th up to, but not exceeding, 6500 RPMs daily or at least 3 times a week if you can

When you get the JB4 make sure to run ONLY the 335is specific MAPs . Contact Terry for recommended MAP to use based on your setup which I assume will mostly be stock

Tips: never WOT or exceed 5k RPMs on the car with Sport Off.

Never WOT the car in D Mode regardless if SPORT is ON or not
Appreciate 0