08-13-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Scooba, is he replacing his Defender with another one? new?
Hi Peter, Yes he bought that one new on a J plate he has her serviced every 6,000 mls .Jacko has taken it everywhere with him its a 110 county model but he wants a 90 with a few bits on new this autumn,

You couldnt wish to meet a nicer Guy when he retires in Nov and gets his lump sum from his pension he is going to treat him self .

The problem he has is he said a new one will last me 20 yrs and i wont live that long 85 ? you never know I said .

Last year our local dealer was doing 8% discount on some pre registered stock ,we managed to get 10% in the end so i think there are deals but we only have one dealer in our area so its a bit of a hike ,I was asked by him yesterday to go along and negotiate with him as he is such a old softy the sales guys would rob him

My advice was to buy one last year and store it ,He was going to retire last Nov ,but work convinced him to stay on for a extra year..

I will keep my eyes open for deals over the next few months as i guess a nice 2011 spec would suit the old boy
Appreciate 0