View Single Post
      01-10-2006, 06:45 AM   #7
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
I'm going in for CIP20 on Tuesday Jan 17th in the UK.
My e90 330iSE is a week 36 build, but does not have mp3 playback.

Spoke to the local dealer today, who were going to charge me for the MP3 update, until I mentioned bluetooth pairing problems with one of the phones which is on BMW's list of accepted mobiles- SE T610.

Even then, they said there wouldn't be anything they could do unless they can identify a specific problem. They said because it is an 'older' phone, it may be a problem with that & not with the car!
I'm so mad, I think I may just make the phone 'undiscoverable' when I take it down next week. I don't think they'll have a clue about the phone itself.

So can someone (Fleet) put me straight on this- if I cannot replicate a BT pairing problem to the service centre, will I be forced to pay for CIP 20 & the associated MP3 update?

Is there anything I can specifically do to not have to pay for this damn update, something (mp3 playback) I feel I should have had in the first place?

I was considering contacting UK trading standards, due to facts stated in the manual (mp3 playback, voice entry of destinations etc), making the car "not as described".
This will be my last straw, however.

Thanks.

Viv

I'm very p*ssed off!

Last edited by vivekk; 01-10-2006 at 07:11 AM..
Appreciate 0