issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

[QUOTE=e90bmw99;9315199]
Quote:
Originally Posted by issabmw View Post

Really? I've heard the complete opposite. Sold my e46 330ci cause the thing was falling apart. 56k miles my AC went out, and I had a cracked rim. I heard the M3's are 10x worse from other people's personal experiences. Have you had one?
Yep, you can never really trust what you heard until you've heard the same from a large enough group. Thats what I learned, because I usually have a completely different experience than a friend, for example. I would have problems when his is running fine, and I would have no problems with another model, while he would have a nightmare of the same model. Everybody's car is different.

I owned an E46 M3 alongide the 330ci. Based on the M3 community and my experience, it was solid. If you were to drive the 330 the same way, it would have been done. Likewise, had I driven the e46 m3 calmly, it would have done 250k no problem, but I sold it right at the 100k mark so I wouldnt lose value. It ran flawlessly up to that point though.

My 330ci ran very well too, mechanically. The minor things went out, but that was not a problem. The m3 was more reliable for me, and most of the people I know.
Appreciate 0