02-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #55
carrot
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
I'm doing this retrofit now. Already got the headliner portion out of the way. A couple observations...

- if you have this type of cover, with the slits for the motion sensor, then you don't need a new headiner like the BMW instructions dictate:

Even if your cover doesn't have the slits you can simply order a cover with slits.

- The headliner does not need to be removed! This cuts down on the time a lot. You just need to drop it down a few inches to run your wires. I only removed the passenger visor (2 screws), the catch for the visor (1 screw), the passenger grab handle(2 screws), the rubber/headliner moonroof trim (just pull) and the passenger A-Pillar cover (1 screw hidden behind the plastic SRS cap.) And obviously the moonroof switch panel and the panel behind the moonroof. I was then able to lower the headliner enough to run the wire. You can see that there is already a wire glued to the headliner going back there for the light. Just follow the same path for the motion sensor wiring.

- I have premium package and my car came with the correct mirror for alarm. I just had to add the 2 wires to the mirror connector as per the official instructions. That was easy.

- Right now I'm at the stage of the install where I have to add a wire to the back of the junction box (JBE). This is the hardest part of the install because the 4 screws holding it in are hard to reach. Once I'm done with this, the rest should be a walk in the park.
Please keep us updated! I want to do this too. I just have a couple questions.

1. You have a 2010, so you are NOT-prewired, right?
2. I have the basic mirror, Am I ok?
3. Do you have the P/N of any extra parts not included in the kit?

Thank you so much. Good luck with your install!
11 E90 323i 6MTAW|Black|Satin BMW Performance Grill • F1 Pinnacle 30 • |Coded: M3 Digital Speedometer • Corner Light Del • AE-DRL | • Mtec H7 • Mtec H8 • RDash AE LED V2 • M3 Lip Spoiler • BMW SSK • Gloss Black Roof

Last edited by carrot; 02-21-2011 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0