View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
matave69
Registered
Rep
Drives: E87

My experience with bimmer retrofit

Hello everyone,
Just a post to share my experience of retrofitting my E87 (2004 Model) from GPS business to CIC HDD NAV with bimmerretrofit since some part in my old unit doesnt work anymore.
After going to BMW to know the price of a standard exchange of product (around 2500€ for the old business system) i decided to buy a new one from bimmerretrofit. After a few mails with Alex and still some unanswered questions as it seems such a retrofit has never been done before, i ordered the product with latest software and european map activation. It took one whole week for the order preparation (programming, activation and testing of the unit), one more week for the shipping from canada to france.
I received the package last week. Great shipping, with all the cables. Still a few interrogation about the screen fitting in the dashboard as it looks like very different from the old one.
I took about 2 hours to replace the unit. The screen fits perfecly without any modification of the dashboard. The only thing i had to change is the cache for central console (18,80€) because the CIC is a double din system.
I started up the new system, everything was fully functionnal except navigation that was giving me a position somewhere in germany.
I send an email to Alex, he told me to keep the GPS up and running for about 30 to 45 minutes for the GPS signal init. After 20 minutes everything was perfectly operational. This was a really great job. This unit is a really good improvement for my old 2004 E87 even if the price is a bit expensive for this kind of unit (1700€ all included), in Europe the BMW price for this option is around 3785€.
If you have any question about this kind of modification on a E87 don't hesitate to contact me.
Appreciate 0