View Single Post
      10-08-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
jimmylad
Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d sapphire black

335d charge pipe oil issues with pics

I bought some new bits for the engine & set about fitting them today. I did buy the new style crankcase breather but fortunately / unfortunately it has the new style one fitted so the new one will end up for sale. The connecting black upvc pipe though was faulty at one end & could have been causing part of the oil leak I could see around the red charge pipe as the end was deformed & couldnt have sealed properly.

However, I think the main culprit for the red charge pipe being covered in oil was the small black hose that literally came away from it's connection & you can see where it had been leaking ( hard to see from the pics though) so everything below this point will have oil on it & it does including the trays. I have now put a jubilee clip on the bottom of this black hose to eliminate where this oil may or may not come from but I'm not sure now wether the red pipe really leaks at all on mine as the top joint to it is relatively dry around the joint. I'm convinced it was this black pipe leaking ( either at the top or the bottom) that is responsible for my oily mess in the lower half of my engine.

I Pulled the large bore pipe off the throttle housing & even that had a pool of oil in it so with that in mind plus the leak I decided tio check the oil level & it was low. Needed at least 1 litre.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0