bling_singh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Garage List
2019 BMW 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
60km/h is pretty fast, what regular road has that speed limit?

The guy that is turning is at fault, but I can't say the guy driving with the cam was not careless. He changed lanes at the last minute to pass the guy turning in front of him, so the guy that hit him probably saw no one coming and began to turn as the driver with the cam switched lanes and tried to bolt through.

It's an unfortunate event, if the person with the cam slowed down a bit when changing lanes he might have seen the other guy coming.

Not sure, seems a little careless on both parties involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Am I missing something because it's not illegal to change lanes unless you change lanes in an intersection. Even if 60km/h was speeding, the guy making the left has the responsibility to ensure the path is clear before he proceeds to make the turn.

I could be wrong, but thats my understanding of the law...
I think it's somewhere in between the two. Right of way was to the car in front of the OP's boy. After he makes his right turn, the window for a left turn has closed as the OP's boy is approaching the intersection.

Dude turning left was already attempting the turn while the car ahead was turning right. On top of that the driver does a very quick lane change without losing speed. Likely an unsafe move charge against the OP's boy and failure to yeild on a left turn against the white van/SUV.