ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I would just like to update an old DIY. I have a 2006 E90 330i with factor rear power sunshade and Winter convenience package.

You will have to remove the rear seat side cushions. Pull on the top edges toward the front. They are simply clipped on. You will also need to remove the inner C-pillars. Carefully remove the plastic airbag logos with a tiny screwdriver, then using a small torx screwdriver, unscrew the one torx screw. I then used a clip fastener removal tool, compliments of Harbor Freight, then carefully loosened the front clip. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THE CLIP. Further, do not forcefully pull on the C-pillar cover as you will break the plastic. At this point, simply slide the top of the C-pillar cover toward the front of the car. It will slide out!

The DIY pretty much explains the rest, but in short, you will have to remove a series of plastic pins (front), three large torx bolts atop the deck (child seat fasteners), and three bolts from within the trunk under the deck lid.

As you slide the rear deck out, you will need to disconnect the power connector to the sunshade and one speaker wire connector from left speaker, and one from the right speaker.