United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE View Post
I will have two 5-gallon kegs (Sierra Nevada and Yuengling) in one mini-fridge with a tap connected to the granite bar top. This solutions works well for my needs because, generally speaking, the liquid gold will expire within 30-35 days of purchase anyhow. And I simply don't go through beer quickly enough to justify a commercial unit - though believe me I did consider it. Truth is that if I went with the commercial unit I wouldn't have had enough room for the the wine fridge.

The third tap will be connected to a British style ale (home brewed, room temp., naturally carbonated, fermented cask) similar to Doom Bar (from Cornwall) that will have a traditional hand-pulled style draught system.

I'm serious when I say if anyone wants to stop by they can. We should be open in two weeks!

Cheers,
t

Gotcha. I usually go with the 5 gallon kegs as well to switch up to a different beer more frequently. I've also been tempted to swap out the single tap for a dual since I can also fit two 5 gallon kegs in the kegerator if I wanted. The third tap on a cask is a really cool idea. I've never seen anyone do that in a home bar before.