View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #308
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwg View Post
Ok that all makes sense, but I understood that both the new 135i dyno graphs posted yesterday and the 335i graphs were generated on the same type of load based (Mustang) dyno - If that is the case, then I still have a question as to why the 135i has that great power curve holding or increasing power up to the 6500 rpm range as opposed to all the other power curves we see on this motor. If my undestanding is correct and the 135i was dynoed on a load based dyno, then the graphs show a power curve the opposite of what you are describing.
We are thinking that this is a function of the parasitic loss calibration files on the different dynos. Once we get a 135i on the Austin dyno and a 335i on the Surgeline dyno we'll see exactly what the behavior characteristics are. The gearing of these cars has us running the dynos at higher speeds than we typically see on other vehicles, so we're getting into areas of the parasitic loss calibration that may need some additional fine tuning in order to more closely match.

Gary
Appreciate 0