09-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #24
Viktimize
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E902009 View Post
You can't get rid of traffic division altogether. While you could drastically reduce speeding tickets by implementing a better speed zoning laws, you still have other violations that are legitimately dangerous to everyone else. People not slowing down for school zones, people who run red lights or stop signs, reckless driving (and there are a ton of them out there, including people who are on this board who consistently brag about drag racing others on the street). I would like to see these people heavily fined, as they're blatantly ignoring laws that could have very severe repercussions.
Absolutely! That was the main point, is that traffic enforcement should have absolutely nothing to do with revenue collection. That's why we have the CRA(or IRS down south). We don't need a revenue collection agency out collecting a speed tax. Rules of the road were designed for 2 purposes. 1. To ensure people can feel safe on the road, and 2. To maintain steady traffic flow. Ticketing based on a speed limit directly opposes those 2 purposes, because speeding has been proven time and time again to not be a factor in causation of accidents. And speed limits directly hinder smooth traffic flow.
Appreciate 0