03-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #76
Sidnito
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 space 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999
Did anyone with early prod date N55 find a way to get this SIB work done as a preventive maintenance, or as a goodwill arrangement, even if the SIB situation below was not experienced?

SITUATION: A rattling noise can be heard from the engine compartment; the engine exhibits a loss of power; and the Service Engine Soon lamp is illuminated. One, or more of the following faults may be stored....
when I talked with bmw na they were really helpful but when I complained to the manager of my dealership he was willing to work with me. the only issue I had was I have 85k so it's way outside the 50k warranty so he couldn't budge. I told him"so does bmw just wait until they break off and then fix them?" and he replied,"no but this SIB is a recommended way of fixing it, not saying it needs to be fixed." so I said,"this should of been addressed when I was within the warranty." manager replied,"well it's not a thing we can see without taking apart then engine."

from my experience I would take your car in with the SIB, it's a big deal that they should fix it and complain to them and how they operate. I payed $3700 two days ago for this crap, so frustrated but now it runs really well and smooth!
I also learned that a downpipe with the n55 creates idle issues.
Appreciate 0