02-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #298
DefactoM6
Sees the world the way it could be
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M6, '02 Z8, '09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Yes This engine really does seem to like making power. Sounds smooth and relaxed even when making this kind of power. For it to do what we asked it to do all day at the airstrip, it's already proven to be exceptional. And to think that there were those who claimed that the DI system and the cylinder heads were preventing it from making much more than 500whp

shiv
Definitely. I'll be honest, I was a bit concerned as to what the outcome of the engine would be if you really ran it all out at full boost for the entirety of the event, mostly having to do with rods that aren't much thicker than a swizzle stick. The fact that it performed under sustained load, with multiple runs, and was driven there and back is a serious sign of the big power dream being close to reality. I am very excited to have this setup multiply itself onto other cars, and to have it log thousands of hard miles, to see what it's really capable of handling. Because the ability to daily drive 600+whp and 500+wtq would be simply too tempting to pass up.