View Single Post
      03-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #25
seatown_guy
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Bro, I've been in business long enough to know what's worth it and what's not. I would never deal with a customer for 10 hours, hassle over a deal, etc. for $500 profit. So, when you say $500 is "very very fair" I think you're off. I hear about some guys getting $500 over invoice on here. But, they're in small towns in the middle of a cornfield like you. Trust me, I grew up 3 hours from you in Mason City. Thing is, a $200k house in Omaha is $600k here in my city. Kids at Starbucks, parttime are given full benifits, and $12 per hour. It's just a different market. So, I called 5 dealers in the Northwest and asked for their best prices. This was the best, after hassling them for 2 hours today.

There comes a point when guys whine so much about price on their Bimmer that it seems to ruin the fun of it. So, you think I'm out $750 - I'll make that much in the next 3 days. And, my rep still likes me. And, I'm completely happy with the purchase and will enjoy my car not for what I paid for it, but the experience of a great car. I'm not the whining girl that begged for $750 off after all is said and done.

Another thing is that I think taxes are higher here. We pay 9.1% - many of you guys seem to be paying closer to 6%.

Either way, I get my car in 20 days and I'm drivin' the hell out of it.
Appreciate 0