Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada View Post
Well, I wanted to fix one of my wheels eventually, but never got around to doing it. I guess I could sell it to you. I'm not sure when I bought it, it was a while back. Do you know which batch is defective?
They began the recall in October last year, but I saw posts from July where someone reported having lots of trouble with the paint. So maybe July 2006 or so, at the latest, and probably cans from earlier than that. I guess they still haven't fixed the problem. See this thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=560220

"wurth is [bleep], i recently painted my wheels and recieved 3 or 4 defective cans. get Einszett Sibler Spray from pelican parts, the match is pretty good, no complaints here." (July 6, 2006)

Still, if you'd be willing to sell it, I'll not only pay full price for the can, but I'll buy you a new can once they start selling it again (as PSUBALL10 said, the expected date is now July 1st). If it clogs on me, I'll just use the Dupli-Color and I'll be ordering myself a new can once they sell it, anyway. PM me and let me know. On the other hand, if you want to hold onto the can, I understand and I'll just go with the Dupli-Color for now.