11-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #51
Thumperx
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335I coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyu View Post
$289 for one part is the wrong way to look at the question. You can't look at parts in isolation any more than you can decide on bond measures in isolation. You have to think of your priorities and what problems you're trying to solve.
Actually, I'm only going along what you've said and logic in post #20, "Why? It's hundreds cheaper to do the rear arm first and see if it solves the issue". (Since you used "you" and "your" throughout in the previous response.) Hmm, I recall that I'm not the one having a suspension problem to solve. I thought I'd already solve them and only reported my findings. Incidentally I don't recall (more or less) anyone in this thread of having a real issues, only reporting.

Quote:
I would say to focus on specific problems you're having, and do the cheapest stuff first that addresses those problems. Tension struts (in front) and toe arms (in rear) are good candidates for directional stability and mechanical grip."
Again I'm not having any suspension issues, actually the opposite. Not sure why you've mention this. In the above statement, if toe arms are a "good candidate for directional stability and mechanical grip", then try them out as I suggested. Once done, you can have your own personal experience whether the toe links work for you or not. Keep this in mind, both OEM arms and VM or RE links perform the same task, but it's the degree of feedback performance that separates them in directional stability and mechanical grip.

Quote:
Remember the story of one forum member, who was trying to tackle I think wheel hop or lateral wiggling in the rear of his 335i. He got an LSD. He got rear subframe bushings. He got the guide arm and the upper arm. Problem wasn't addressed! Finally he put the VM toe arm in and it solved his problem.
I wouldn't assume that I'm up to speed with every subject mentioned in this forum. Nevertheless, I'm not familiar with this situation. It sounds like through the forum member's own experimental process, he got himself from being upside down. I have VMs, and I'm happy with my decision. Regardless, I do understand and agree with the spirit of your statement though. Again, it goes along what I've mentioned before.

Quote:
As a thought experiment: try iterating your recipe on every part in the car.
Huh, I though that's what I've been doing all along.

Quote:
That said I will probably end up buying the RE arm, as soon as I learn how its ball joints compare in design and function to the ball joints in the M3 factory toe arm.
Whew, go for it.
Name: Blanca | 07 E92 | AW-Blk | ZSP | Alcon BBK | M3 Bits | VM RR Links | Koni | UUC Sways | V5 | Dinan CAI | ETS IC | Fge DV | ER CP | Cyba | Raden. Exh | Mod Step | Trunk Drawer | Perf LED Wheel | Illum Dr Sills | IS Shifter | Parrot | Philps D1S | 6000k fog | MTECH RR | CSL Trunk | Aero | Roof Spoiler | PSS on BBS RS-GT 19s

Last edited by Thumperx; 11-30-2011 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0