11-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #25
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPDAN View Post
I have a question? Do these lower mesh pieces clip in like the kidneys do? My reason for asking is if I dont give a crap about salvaging them I would opt to just cut them out and snap in new ones. Would this work?
when I removed mine...the middle mesh one pulled right out with a little finesse...I basically taped around the bumper with some painters tape to protect the tape...just push it in around the edges until it unclips..helps to remove some of the bolts underneath the front bumper so you can work it a little better..

The side mesh grilles I cut em right out and it took some work to finesse the new ones in but I did the whole thing without removing the bumper.

I did not paint my mesh grilles I just bought the black ones from the 328 coupe..you will have to midify them slightly if you have an oil cooler but it is a piece of cake.

Removing the kidneys...just remove the top 4 torx shown in the first pic pull the top of the bumper out and start unclipping and pulling out at the same time working your way around...one you get your hanf back there you will be able to feel how they unclip
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0