08-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #184
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
Digging up an old thread here...
So Im following this excellent DIY thread and Im down to the part where I find fuse #28 and notice my panel layout is different than that in that picture.

I find #28 on the diagram thats wedged in the back of the glovebox panel, its top left instead of top right btw, and confirm that #28 is in fact the Homelink fuse.

I pull the 5 amp fuse there stick it in slot A of my tap push it back in and notice it does not want to push in all the way because the 5amp in slot A is hitting the 2 fuses to the left of #28. I give it a little harder push and it goes in, but my 5amp in the tap is tweaked a bit. I ground the black wire using the Torx bolt, plug her in and fire the car up. Nothing.

I check the garage door/homelink buttons and they are working so I assume the 5amp in slot A is functioning properly.

I do have a couple questions that were not covered as far as I can tell...

1. Is the inline glass fuse on the hardwire necessary with already having a 5amp fuse? I checked it and the filamet seemed to be intact.

2. If it is not necessary can I cut out some of that slack and splice back together? I hate the birdnest look.

Help? Any thoughts?
Did you try flipping around the fuse tap 180 degrees. Check that first..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0