08-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #189
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
Digging up an old thread here...
So Im following this excellent DIY thread and Im down to the part where I find fuse #28 and notice my panel layout is different than that in that picture.

I find #28 on the diagram thats wedged in the back of the glovebox panel, its top left instead of top right btw, and confirm that #28 is in fact the Homelink fuse.

I pull the 5 amp fuse there stick it in slot A of my tap push it back in and notice it does not want to push in all the way because the 5amp in slot A is hitting the 2 fuses to the left of #28. I give it a little harder push and it goes in, but my 5amp in the tap is tweaked a bit. I ground the black wire using the Torx bolt, plug her in and fire the car up. Nothing.

I check the garage door/homelink buttons and they are working so I assume the 5amp in slot A is functioning properly.

I do have a couple questions that were not covered as far as I can tell...

1. Is the inline glass fuse on the hardwire necessary with already having a 5amp fuse? I checked it and the filamet seemed to be intact.

2. If it is not necessary can I cut out some of that slack and splice back together? I hate the birdnest look.

Help? Any thoughts?
Re: the fitment issue, there's two sizes of fuse taps, did you get the mini one (the smaller one)?

Also The 5A fuse that is in the fuse originally should not be able to fit the fuse tap. The fuses that you use for the fuse tap are small and come in the package..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0