12-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Legal-ish Question - anyone??

This going to sound a bit dodgy but in reality I'm just being lazy.

I've commited to writing a number of short business related articles to be published via a Networking group's e-mailed newsletter, that I'm a member of, which is also then tweeted to 4,500 people and available on Facebook & Linked all related to the network. I'll also opt to tweet/linked-in/facebook publish it too.

I've written the previous articles from scratch myself but am finding I've got less and less time to dedicate to writting more articles. I was wondering whether I can just 'steal' an article that has been sent to me via an Accountant???

Whilst I accept this is being exceedingly lazy (and I would likely edit it to a degree first) part of me wonders why I'm constantly trying to reinvent the wheel. The subjects are fairly focused, and there's limited scope on different issues to cover within a chosen subject, so can I just copy & paste the article which has been published publicly or is this still considered copywrite or something??

I could buy ready written articles (£500 for a years unlimited subscription), and guess they can track when their articles are being used elsewhere via some electronic wizardry, but is this the case??

Just thinking out loud. Reckon I'm going to have to subscribe but wondered if I could save £500
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0