View Single Post
      07-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
psnt1ol
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT Bimmer View Post
Should I expect to remove all scratches from the paint that I can't feel with my fingernail, or are there some scratches that won't come out? I went over an area four times with the cyan pad but there were still scratches.
You should be able to get all the swirls out. The scratches you are referring to...what do they look like????? If they are RIDS (Random Isolated Deep Scratches) then I say...leave them since Wet-Sanding is probably the best way to deal with it. There is no point in trying to chase down RIDS on a DD because the process will remove too much CC. A show car is a different story.

Could you describe your process when you say you went over it 4 times???? Did you do a test spot????
How many sectional passes did you do each time???? What was your arm speed and pressure??? Were your pads properly primed??

For starter....you should reduce your work area to somewhere between 1' x 1' and 1.5' x 1.5' for removing defects with the PC.

Last edited by psnt1ol; 07-07-2013 at 01:05 AM..
Appreciate 0