View Single Post
      08-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #11
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I thought you were going to say your wife was trying to explain to you why she needs 30 pairs of shoes and 20 hand bags/purses... But then I have 2 sets of wheels/tires and 3 exhausts in my garage.

The thing with my friends is, a couple have done the BMW School, so it's not the money or never being on the track, or even the travel.
They're afraid of messing up their cars and I keep telling them, unlike the BMW school, there's an instructor IN EACH CAR!!! And the first few times out, you're driving WAY under what your car is capable of that it'll bail you out if you mess up. They still won't go.
Oh yeah. That's probably a better analogy. Except she's since sold most of her shoes and bags after our first born so I can't even make any excuse when it comes to shoes and bags...Mean time I've got a $56K 2 seater in the garage that I drive once a week with 3 sets of tires (okay, granted the Toyos needs to be swapped and one of my NT-01s is corded) for that ONE car, with probably about $500 worth of detailing supplies to go with it.

I am a terrible, terrible man.

Tell your friends to come out to Vegas and have fun there. In the mean time stop by the CCA school on the weekend to see how the school is run. That's how they GOT ME. I think if they have an opportunity to sit in the classroom, get a few rides, and see how much pride we put into providing a safe learning environment they may change their tunes. Or have them do a couple of Car Control Clinics or something.
Appreciate 0