Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Is there a way to lock it down so they cannot even copy a file away onto their own USB or something on top of not able to copy paste cells / change cells?

Like having the excel file on a server, users can just double click to open but make it impossible to move a file , copy paste , change the cells in excel? They can screen capture it which is fine i dont mind that, just as long as the file stays where it is on the server and can only be viewed.
If it is going to be on network just password protect the file from anything and then set the network settings for that file so that nobody can copy it.

***Alternative solution****
What I would do if I was so paranoid is I would password protect all numbers and sheets so they could not be messed with in the file and I would put a macro in that checks the file path upon opening and if it is not the location that you put it (hardcoded in the macro) then erase all contents.

Really easy macro to write if you need help.

edit: If you do that make sure that you keep your master copy without that macro enabled. A simple connection error could possible make it not realize the filepath correctly.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0