Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
On aggressive S2+ most of the American's seem to peak at 18-19psi low down and taper to 14psi at redline. They claim some good numbers, around 430-440bhp at the fly and over 400whp. Alpina on here could tell you soon though as he's on this tune now with all the mods.
COBB stage 2+FMIC aggressive - which I ran for two days before handing over the car to my garage for the next mods - goes up to 18.5psi pursuant to my boost gauge. Independent of the outside temperatures, by the way, so it seems they are not purely load targeting with the DME but also boost targeting as I measured this boost pressure at minus 8 degrees Celsius. Pursuant to COBB, 18psi in midrange (it tapers up top to around 14) is still within the efficiency range of the turbos, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Of course it will cause more wear than if you're running stock with 8psi or so, that's for sure.

With my previous GIAC stage 2 flash I had 433hp and 677Nm at the flywheel. The COBB felt faster or at least with even more torque, and was also more responsive and faster to ramp up the boost. I would expect that on stock turbos this remap is good for around 450hp and 700Nm torque if you're FBO like me. I won't be able to confirm this on a dyno though, as right now I get upgraded turbos fitted and therefor the numbers will be different anyway.

It's silly fast though, much more than I could use with the current weather conditions. Even in the dry I got wheelspin in 4th gear on some occasions. And that with 265mm tires on the rear....but it's fun - and you're able to overtake others on the motorway so quickly and without downshifting it's almost caricatural.

Alpina_B3_Lux